The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is a non-degree program that enables graduate students, young professionals and artists from BiH to study, research or teach in the United States for approximately one year. The Student Fulbright Program is intended for independent library and/or field research toward a Master's or PhD degree.
Students will establish professional contacts in their field, enhance their scholarly work, and gain international experience and personal enrichment. Scholarships are open, merit-based and awarded competitively, and are subject to the availability of funds.
- BiH Citizenship
- Current enrollment in a Master's/ PhD Program
- English language proficiency (semi-finalists must take TOEFL test)
The deadline to submit applications for Academic Year 2016-2017 is May 15, 2015.
- Recipients of the Fulbright Grant must return to BiH for a minimum of two years.
- Individuals with dual U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent resident status
- Individuals with recent U.S. experience (more than 6 months within the last 5 years)
- Individuals who have attended undergraduate or graduate school in the U.S. for one academic year or more during the seven years prior to application deadline.
Please note: A candidate with recent third-country experience may have a less compelling need for the Fulbright Program than a candidate who has never had a significant professional stay abroad.
- List of Academic Fields (PDF 29.0 kB)
The application process must be completed online and must include the following supporting documents:
- Detailed research objectives
- Personal statement
- Three letters of reference (that must be submitted electronically through Embark)
Online application form can be found at Fulbright website.
Additional documents must be sent by registered mail and must include:
- Copy of original undergraduate / graduate diploma(s) certified by municipality or issuing institution
- Original translation of diploma/s
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts (record of courses taken and grades achieved) issued by university
- Original translation of above transcript if “official” is not issued in English
- Professional resume or CV
- Signature Form (11.0 kB PDF), printed and signed
- Report on Proficiency in English (18.0 kB PDF), printed and completed
- Copy of BiH Passport Bio-data page
United States Embassy Sarajevo,
Office of Public Affairs
Attn: Academic Exchange Coordinator
1 Robert C. Frasure Street, 71000 Sarajevo
IMPORTANT: Only complete applications (with all supporting documents listed above) will be considered for the program. Incomplete applications will be returned to applicants.
For additional information about the Foreign Fulbright Student Program, please contact the Academic Exchange Coordinator via Email: email@example.com or Tel: 033-704-066.